The following States are current H.I.R.E. Contract participants.
Please visit the official OGS Participating Addendum website for the most up-to-date information.
Click on a State to see a State-specific page with grant opportunities and more.
Even if your state is not listed, you can still become a participant!
Better Power, Inc:
NYS OGS Contract Holder | H.I.R.E. Multiple Award Contract Holder
Contract #PC66786 (Group 38232, Award 22842)
Because State contracts meet the competitive bidding requirements of the General Municipal Law, they can easily be used as an alternative to separately procuring goods and services locally, and can therefore:
- Reduce or eliminate the time required to prepare bid specifications.
- Enhance and simplify the purchasing process.
- Minimize the time required to identify responsible vendors.
- Benefit from the competition of many bidders seeking large volume contracts.
- Provide benchmarks to judge the reasonableness of bids solicited by localities.
Purchasing through State contracts provides local and school officials with access to the State's buying power and expertise, which may result in lower prices and better quality goods and services.